On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 06:03:37 +0900, Abraham Vionas
<abe_ml / bozemantechmedic.com> wrote:
> Whoops, sorry, I forgot to mention that a lot of the reason I'm
> investigating Linux is because being on Windows has been such a complicating
> factor in my drive to learn and use Ruby. I just thought I'd pose my
> question to the community at large. Sorry I forgot to tag it with the Off
> Topic.
>
> Regards, Abe

* SSH from your Windows or Mac laptop into a non-laptop Linux box.
This works for anything non-GUI oriented, which is most of what I do
(especially when dealing with rails, you don't care).
* Just develop natively on a Powerbook or iBook.   I'm doing things
with rb-opengl right now, and it works great.  Most everything is
there, but bindings to certain GUI toolkits may take some effort.
* X-Forward from your Linux box to a Powerbook or Windows machine
using an X-Windows emulator.
* VNC

--Michael