gabriele renzi ha scritto:
> SASADA Koichi ha scritto:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm developing YARV - Yet Another RubyVM. I'm looking for
>>benchmark programs to evaluate YARV's performance. So, Does
>>anyone have suitable benchmarks for this purpose?
>

> I don't have a benchmark.. but I think the OO Richards Benchmark as
> found here:
> http://pws.prserv.net/dlissett//ben/bench1-ruby-28.htm
> may be interesting.
>

>>Current YARV has some limitations (especially, can't require
>>any files). But I can fix YARV or your program to work and
>>measure execution time.
>>
>>If you have a ruby program which is slow for you, feel free to
>>send me that :) Perhaps, YARV will be optimized for your
>>application.
>

> Not that it is a valuable application... but I have this dumb example of
> using backtracking to solve the map coloring problem as found here:
> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme-Z-H-16.html#node_sec_14.4.2
>
> It stresses callcc a lot and takes ~15 seconds to terminate on my old
> athlon 2000 box.
> If you want take a look at it at:
> http://rafb.net/paste/results/x4gckY22.html

btw, today I should study butwhen one is forced to do stuff, he revertes
to something else. So I get yarv and tried it on my winxp setup

[gcc version 3.2.3 (mingw special 20030504-1), athlon 2000+ today
snapshot from 1.9 and yarv at revision 77].

Did make test-all and got it run fine (even if there were some warnings
in the compilation)
Then I stuffed my code as bm_4col.rb in the benchmark/ dir and launched
make bench.  I got a crash on my code[1], but, well, I didn't expect it
to work :).
Results for other benchmarks are really impressive tough.
(i.e. the ackermann function timing is :
ruby  2.493000   0.010000   2.503000 (  2.624000)
yarv  0.250000   0.000000   0.250000 (  0.261000)
)

If someone's curious I've put them at:
ada2.unipv.it/~riffraff/bench.log.gz

[1]
../benchmark/bm_4col.rb:93: [BUG] BUG: unknown node: NODE_MASGN
ruby 1.9.0 (2004-12-03) [i386-mingw32]