Hi Adam,

I think that may have been the case a few years ago, but I don't think
it applies much now. English documentation is pretty good, especially
for some of the core libraries people have developed. I only started
using Ruby six months ago, and have had no real issue with finding
documentation. The only issue might be some less common libraries, but
that doesn't really effect the core usage of Ruby for day-to-day.

There are also some great books- almost all of them on Amazon are good,
with "Programming Ruby 2nd Edition" by Dave Thomas and Andy Hunt and
"The Ruby Way" by Hal Fulton being particularly good. "Ruby Developer's
Guide" is also  good, and takes a different tack then the other two (all
three are quit different in style and approach).

And the community is awesome and very active. There are 50+ messages a
day on this newsgroup, and a good portion of it is pretty deep by very
knowledgeable people. One good side effect of the news group is that it
raises the bar of how you define talent.

Nick