On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 10:56:56AM +0900, David A. Black scribed:

> > So, what's the Ruby experience like for a native English speaker with
> > no knowledge of Japanese and no inclination to read the Ruby source to
> > figure out how things work?
>
> Welcome to Ruby :-)
>
> Documentation in some areas is uneven, but you should have no trouble
> learning and using and enjoying the language.  A very good starting
> point is http://www.ruby-doc.org.  Also, don't forget that you can
> come over to the Ruby IRC channel (#ruby-lang on irc.freenode.net) for
> real-time documentation :-)

Buy/rent/borrow/beg the pickaxe book.  The class reference at the end is
astoundingly useful.  Go for the 2nd edition if you have a choice,
since it covers 1.8.

  -Dave

--
work: dga / lcs.mit.edu                          me:  dga / pobox.com
      MIT Laboratory for Computer Science           http://www.angio.net/