I'm kind of getting the impression that Ruby might not be
well-documented in English.  I'm looking for a primary language to
pick up as a hobby (with, perhaps, as a bonus, some modicum of useful
applicability for the system administration I do), and from what I've
read of Programming Ruby online, I really like the syntax and design
and everything.  On the other hand, I'm a sucker for good
documentation.  Perl's syntax is frankly, in my humble opinion, ugly
and inscrutable, but it's certainly well-documented! ;)

So, what's the Ruby experience like for a native English speaker with
no knowledge of Japanese and no inclination to read the Ruby source to
figure out how things work?
--
Adam Fabian (afabian / austin.rr.com)