On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, coke wrote:

> What do you use Ruby for is my question.Me,being 17 I have lots of
> spare time on my hand, and with that time I've decided to learn a
> programming language, Ruby. Right now I'm learning the basics of ruby
> and how it works, this will help me understand and read ruby easier.
> Back on the topic: what do you use ruby for? When I ask that question
> I mean how do you use Ruby and why. This question later on when I get
> more into ruby will help me decide how to use ruby from your
> experience, thanks

Web spiders, data mining, general slice and dice of data while moving it
from one place to another.  Soon I'll have a bunch of system configuration
and installation tools written in Ruby.

I'm nowhere near as bright as a lot of the people on this list and, I'm no
longer a programmer, I've been a systems administrator for many years now.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts, it's what I can remember in time to use.