Reasons why I think gmail is so much better than other email services:

1gig of space.
The iface.
The serach menu.
I can mark inportmant emails for later viewing.
I can have all ruby talk emails sent to it's own section so my inbox
doesn't clutter.
I never have to delete another email forever, unless it's spam.
I can attach a large number of files.
Gmail is owned by one of most visted serach engines on the net.
No ad's except google's ad's and there are very few of those and not
all over the place I other email services.

This is why I use gmail and no other.