Hi Yura, Lyle,
> I've read a couple of books on use cases (did not read Alistair
> Cockburn's book though) but started to actually write them only
> after I've read "Use Case Modeling" by Kurt Bittner and
> Ian Spence (ISBN : 0-201-70913-9).

The thing is: After you are done with Cockburn you will not have to read
any other books on use cases, if you are after a practical guide. He is
very concise. It is a short book, nevertheless very complete if you do
not need to dig deeper (for scientific purposes maybe, which Lyle
clearly doesn't want to). But, like I have experienced lots of times
before with book recommendations, YMMV.

The feeling I had after I was finished was comparable to the feeling I
had after Pickaxe 2. ("Damn, that is all I ever need to know about that
to get started really well")

--
Sascha Ebach