All,

I have a basic understanding of what use cases are and their role in
requirements modeling, but I'd like to learn more about this approach
(with the hope that it would work well at my company). Can any of my
friends in the Ruby Community recommend a good, no-nonsense guide to
developing use cases (i.e. the book that Dave and Andy would write, if
they were to write a book about use cases)?

Based on the editorial reviews at Amazon.com, Alistair Cockburn's book
("Writing Effective Use Cases") sounds pretty good, but then again,
the purpose of those editorial reviews is to make your book sound
pretty good. ;) Would like to hear recommendations from anyone who's
used such a book to get a handle on the proper care and feeding of use
cases, and seen improvements in their requirements modeling as a
result. Let me reiterate that I'm looking for a book that leans more
towards practical application and less towards an academic treatment
of the subject.

Thanks in advance,

Lyle