Hello gabriele,

gr> Jamis Buck ha scritto:
>> Stephen Kellett wrote:
>>
>>> In message <41ADDA1C.9090300 / byu.edu>, Jamis Buck <jamis_buck / byu.edu>
>>> writes

>>> Took me about 30 seconds to find it with Google.
>>>
>>> http://www.ruby-ide.com/download_ruby.php
>>>

>> Clever, but I was looking for just the profiler, not the IDE. I was
>> curious as to whether the profiler was available separately.

gr> IIRC there was a patch to ruby on the site from argr> achno ruby aimed at
gr> speeding up debugging (maybe profiling too).

No profiling available at the moment. The idea is simple: just record
line number and pointer to the file name and the clock value in the C
code that calls the trace function before the binding is created
(which is the most expensive operation when executing the trace function).

This gathered data is then analysed later, when the buffer is full or
at end of the program.

The current pure ruby profiler tries to analyse the profiler data always
on the fly which reduces speed even more.

gr> There is a little text about it on
gr> http://www.ruby-ide.com/ruby_faq.php
gr> (I have the impression that it was downloadable but I may be wrong)

http://www.ruby-ide.com/downloads/diff-against-ruby-1.8.1.txt