On Wednesday 01 December 2004 10:34 am, Austin Ziegler wrote:
| I do think that we have to figure out what "def self.foo; ... ; end"
| should return if we do this and have commented such on RCR 277.

Considering that it doesn't return anything at all now, I don't see why this
should be a sticking point. How frequent will such usage be anyway? IMHO:

  def self.foo; ... ; end
  ==> :foo

If you need the class ask for it.

  self.class

I'm not sure what #export is supposed to do (its not part of 1.8+ AFAICT), but
in this _assumely_ rare case maybe one can do something like:

  export (def self.foo
            #...
          end), self.class.intern

Or whatever export needs as a second parameter.

BTW, this makes me think of another idea: HERE "blocks" (vs. HERE docs)

  export <<~(, self.class.intern
    def self.foo
      #...
    end