gabriele renzi wrote:
> Austin Ziegler ha scritto:
> >>(ruby does/has?)5 PEP 318: Decorators for Functions and Methods
> >

> > Ruby has this implicitly, because its object model is far more
> > consistent. The only thing that may improve this is an RCR that
> > makes it easier to deal with custom decorators by having def return
> > the Symbol of the method name. Probably :)
>
> this does not relate to the object model.
> A common python idiom is always been:
> class Foo(object):
>   def foo():
>   foo=somedecorator(foo)
>
> wich is basically what we do in ruby with:
> class Foo
>   def foo
>   end
>   somedecorator :foo
> end
>
> Btw, I hope matz will accept RCR 277 soon
> http://rcrchive.net/rcr/show/277

If the Ruby parser could determine, whether a "def" statement is used inside
another expression (e.g. "public def"), then it would be great if it would
return a Method object. If it's in no expression (plain class/module scope),
it should return nil. Not sure, if this is possible at all. A Method object
is much better than a Symbol!

Regards,

  Michael