On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Dave Thomas wrote:
> If we're in to hooks, there's another that might be useful:
>   to_bool:
>      analogous to to_s, called whenever an object is used in a context
>      that requires a boolean value (this one came up on
>      #ruby-lang). Masochists could use this to emulate Perl

Oh, btw, I also proposed that in [ruby-talk:5056].

> This could get rolled in to the new Boolean class (or whatever it will
> be called).

MetaRuby-current (cvs) has the following code in it:

if not Object.const_defined?(:Boolean) then
	module Boolean; end
	class TrueClass;  include Boolean; end
	class FalseClass; include Boolean; end
end

(so i don't have to compare objects to both true and false anymore...)

> (So, let's see whose idea I've stolen this time :)

lol

matju