On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Abraham Vionas wrote:

> As I was falling asleep last night I was wondering about the differences in
> terms of web development time and effort between PHP, Ruby, and Python. and
> I found myself wondering how much effort the Rails framework saves me from.
> Does anyone else out there have the experience to be able to compare these?
> I'm partly curious because I've found it so difficult to get Rails going on
> windows, while PHP was comparatively very easy. And Python I've just heard
> is wonderful - i.e. "Google uses it". My curiousity with Rails is born out
> of the fact that I've never used a scripting language for web development
> and so have no clue how much any framework helps in terms of effort/time
> saved.

For simple dynamic web content, PHP is trivially easy to use.  However, it
gets clumsier to deal with as the size of the project grows.  Python is a
very good language with probably a larger set of libraries available than
Ruby.  Personally, I think Ruby is better than Python and so Ruby has
become my language of choice.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts, it's what I can remember in time to use.