On Nov 25, 2004, at 15:32, benny wrote:

> Now the idea: Why not use the examples in the unit-tests (at least the
> "positive ones") as link to a popup window "examples" in the
> HTML-documentation created by rdoc?

I've been thinking a bit about this. I'm nervous about imposing my own
rules on how tests are organized and how methods are named: I'd like
RDoc to be as transparent as possible.

So here's another take on it.  You can already link from the method to
its test using standard RDoc hyperlinks. How about adding a slight bit
of new linking smarts: if you hyperlink to a class/method where the
class name starts Test and the method name starts test_, RDoc will
hyperlink to it in a different window. That way you can read the
mainline code, and scroll to the appropriate test in the test window by
clicking. You comment block might contain:

    # burble burble burble. Burble burble burble. Burble burble burble
    # burble burble. See the unit test in TestThingie#test_create

    def create

It'll use a named window, so all test code will share just one
additional window.

Cheers

Dave