J. D. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the timezone used at ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/
>
> Basically, I need to know if those timestamps are in the same timezone
> used by the ruby changelog in cvs.
>
> I suppose a true rubyist can probably whip up a ruby program in
> minutes to automatically:
>
> 1. getting date/time from:
>      ruby --version
>
> 2. grab the latest 1.8 branch changelog from:
>     http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ruby/ChangeLog
>
> 3. parsing and displaying ONLY the list of new changes contained
> latest stable snapshot that are not in the currently installed ruby
>
> 4. optionally emailing the report (daily, weekly, whatever)

Theres actually a bot called CIA that takes requests from the ruby cvs
and prints to the channel #ruby-talk on Freenode. I'm trying to get
cvs-admins to install the script locally. Theres a module named Ruby-Cvs
which someone(don't know who) recieved emailed from ruby-cvs@ and
submitted to the CIA bot. Now the script is down. You might be
interested in maybe a quick program with Ruby-Cvs t get any changes. I
used the CIA bot to get information on changes in HEAD, and ruby_1_8.
Bugs, expoits, new features, deleted features, and other interesting
details were submitted in the CVS logs.

David Ross
--
Hazzle free packages for Ruby?