Dave Burt ha scritto:

> Look at Swing - a minimum of native components, with many lightweight
> widgets based on these. This means loose binding to the platform and hence
> better/easier portability.

It seem to me that many people "hate" swing, consider it one of the main
reason think that java is slow, and generally think SWT is much better.

Anyway, I really don't think a real cross platform gui is possible.
Gtk, and wxWidget both use some basic things and build over them to gain
portability.
But even in this case you're requiring the user to install it, and stuff
like the platform's interface guideline would be messed up.

I think that stuff like wxruby (or tk, wich I'm told can work with Aqua)
is the best you can get.

just my 0.02 euro