Jamis Buck <jamis_buck / byu.edu> wrote in message news:<41A412B7.4070603 / byu.edu>...
<snip>
> I'm definately not a DB expert, but I believe in this case Oracle, at
> least, *is* case sensitive.  Consider:
>
>    create table "credit_rating" (
>    );
>
>    create table "CREDIT_RATING" (
>    );
>
> The above would create two distinct tables.
>
> The keywords are case insensitive, but the column and table names can be
> made case sensitive by putting them in quotes. If you omit the quotes,
> the identifier is uppercased automatically.

In theory your are correct.  In reality, no one does this.  In
addition, no one creates tables with duplicate names in the same
schema differing only in case.  If you do, please consider a career
outside of IT.

I don't know exactly how ActiveRecord works, but I would expect any
ORM to just do the right thing when it comes to table/column names and
case, i.e. it shouldn't care.  At least, that's what I would do.

Regards,

Dan