Hello Jamie,

JOH> I'm curious what people are favoring for editors and IDEs for Ruby.
JOH> I've been playing with TextMate, but coming from Intellij, I miss all
JOH> the completion.

I think that at the moment there are only 3 maybe 4 useable IDE's out
there (i sorted them by personal preference :-) :

1) Arachno Ruby
2) XEmacs
3) VI
4) RDE (?)

At the moment none of them have completition (more then simple and unintelligent
repeated text completition). Even the best Ruby IDE written by the
best programmers with infinite time can't give you Code Insight that
is working correctly in more then a few percent of your code. Same
with refactoring. You are not using Java anymore so forget about most
of the tools you used with Intellij. With ruby you changed technology,
so you also have to change your tools and working style.

What you can expect is a really good integration of "ri"/rubydoc.
Unfortunately this is a very young technology that is now useable
with 1.8.2. So maybe in a year or so the situation is getting a little bit
better (for all IDE's that are under active development). At least for
Arachno Ruby i can promise you that this will happen during the next
spring/summer.