> Other than the wonky SQL-MySQL compliance divide, are there specific
> features that you can get out of PostgreSQL, or are a lot easier to
> use in PostgreSQL, that might encourage a MySQL user like myself to
> change? I've seriously considered switching to PostgreSQL 'cause it
> has a good rep with people I trust, but every time I try to Google
> this topic I never find something that convinces me to switch.

Well, since we're among Rubyists, PL/Ruby! :) Besides that, there are
lots of good reasons to give PostgreSQL a try. Free, fast, jam packed
with useful features, SQL92 compliant, and (most importantly) very
robust.

You may want to pay this site a visit for more info:
http://advocacy.postgresql.org/

...and maybe this one as well :)
http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html

//samuel

Samuel Kvarnbrink

samuel.kvarnbrink / humlab.umu.se

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!],
Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,
will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to
apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such
a question."
-- Charles Babbage