On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 07:47:03 +0900
jim / freeze.org wrote:

> * Brian Schröäer <ruby / brian-schroeder.de> [2004-11-24 04:38:41 +0900]:
>
> > > I particularly liked the clean colorization of the ruby code. What did you use
> > > (and what color style) to convert the Ruby code to HTML?
> >
> > I use xemacs' htmlize package to convert the ruby-code to html. Then I include a stylesheet. (You can copy that from my page if you want)
> >
> > htmlize: $(patsubst %.rb,browse/%-rb.html,$(wildcard *.rb))
> >
> > browse/%-rb.html: %.rb
> > 	mkdir -p browse/unsuccessfull
> > 	xemacs -nw -eval '(htmlize-file "$<" "$@")' -kill && \
> >   mv $@ $@.temp && \
> >   cat $@.temp | ruby -e 'puts $$stdin.read.gsub(/<style type="text\/css">.*<\/style>/m, "<link id=\"css\" href=\"../ruby.css\" rel=\"stylesheet\">")' > $@ && \
> >   rm $@.temp
>
> Thanks. Uhh, sorry to be so dense, but (not being an emacs person) it
> appears that htmlize-file.el is not part of the xemacs distro and I'm not
> sure what version to get. Also, it would be great if you could provide a
> command line example without the make cipher added. The obvious:
>
>   xemacs -nw -eval '(htmlize-file "myfile.rb")' -kill
>
> doesn't seem to work.

Hello Jim,

I installed htmlize as part of the debian package

emacs-goodies-el - Miscellaneous add-ons for Emacs

In your example you forgot the output file. It should be

xemacs -nw -eval '(htmlize-file "myfile.rb" "myfile-rb.html")' -kill

Or you can try it interactively

open a ruby file in xemacs
C-x C-f myfile.rb

htmlize the buffer
M-x htmlize-buffer

save the file
C-x C-s myfile-rb.html

Make shure that you have turned font-lock on, such that the file is fontified in xemacs.

HTH,

Brian

--
Brian Schröäer