Lyndon Samson wrote:
> Firstly, I'd like to say, a great IDE for a great language!
>
> There is one smallish problem I've experienced.
>
> When 'running' a program, STDOUT seems to be buffered, and the program
> does not exit after all the user code has finished executing.
>
> If I hit stop, I see the output, and the run exits.
>
> Has this been seen before?
>
> cheers
> lyndon

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, it's a "known feature" on Windows. For some obscure reason the
FOX/FXRuby IO handlers on Windows doesn't see the IO traffic on stdout
until the process is over. I have tried very hard to fix this problem
for long to no avail. May be FOX/FX Ruby 1.2 will fix it.

I have implemented a work around in the next version of FreeRIDE
(coming soon) where a script can be executed by the script runner or
the debugger in a text console. There you'll see the output in real time.

If you cannot wait to use it, you can get it from the CVS repo of
FreeRIDE at http://rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=31

Keep using FreeRIDE and provide us with feedback.

Laurent

--
Laurent JULLIARD
Xerox Global Services