On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:31:40 GMT, gabriele renzi
<rff_rff / remove-yahoo.it> wrote:

>An article from Garrett Rooney just appeared at OnLamp.com
>you can read it at
>http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/11/18/extending_ruby.html

This is actually a very good article. The example extension, GenX4R,
is small enough that you can get your head around the problem. The
writing is clear and complete. The author is clearly an experienced C
programmer and seems to have a good understanding of Ruby. Not only
that, he's gone to the trouble of turning the example into a real
RubyForge project: http://genx4r.rubyforge.org. Thanks, Mr. Rooney!

(No, I'm not related to Mr. Rooney :-) but I have some experience with
C-language Ruby extensions and I appreciate good writing when I see
it.)