Lothar Scholz said:
> Hello John,
>
> JW> I've been really digging the ArachnoRuby IDE lately
> JW> (http://www.ruby-ide.com). It's still beta, and it has a few quirks at
> JW> this point (mainly related to the way it auto-indents code), but it's
>
> Can you please give me some code snippets where the auto-indents are
> wrong. Also do you use version 3.2 ? I fixed some of the auto-indent
> bugs there and now i think it only fails on complicated quoted strings.

Yeah, long quoted strings using %{ ... } tend to confuse it.  Also,
continued lines don't seem to be indented as I expect.  For example..

   x = a +
   b        # <== I expected continued lines to be indented.

Also, long here documents are modified by indent region/indent file.
Since here documents are strings, I would expect them to be left alone
during the reformatting process.  For example, running indent-selection on
the following code ...

    class_eval <<-EOS
      def #{sym}() @#{sym} end
      def #{sym}=(value)
	self.class.validate(:#{sym}, value)
	@#{sym} = value
      end
    EOS

... has the following effect ...

    class_eval <<-EOS
    def #{sym}() @#{sym} end
    def #{sym}=(value)
    self.class.validate(:#{sym}, value)
    @#{sym} = value
    end
    EOS

But these are minor complaints.  All in all, from the little I have played
with it, it is a very nice looking package.  The user interaction is nice
and crisp, windows open immediately with no delay.  The artwork is well
done and attractive.  Nice attention to detail.  I particularly like
things like the "display this buffer in a browser" command.  Good job!

--
-- Jim Weirich     jim / weirichhouse.org    http://onestepback.org