Sasada Koichi asked me to post this.

(English translations of this volume and previous volumes
will appear in the upcoming Ruby zine, which I'm told will
launch in January.)

--Steve

---------------

We are proud to announce the release of Rubyist Magazine
Volume 3.  Below is a summary of its contents.

===========================
= Rubyist Magazine Vol. 3 =
===========================

http://jp.rubyist.net/magazine/?0003

Foreword
========
Greetings from Masayoshi Takahashi, the editor-in-chief of
Rubyist Magazine.

Rubyist Hotlinks No. 3: Kazuhiko
================================
Rubyist Hotlinks is a series of interviews with well-known
Rubyists.  This interview is with Kazuhiko, who uses Ruby
in a variety of fields.

Let's Begin Programming with Ruby (Dan)
=======================================
Ruby primer for people who are not familiar with computer
programming.  This article deals with strings, errors, and
arrays.

UVA "Best Season" (Daisuke Ikegami)
=====================================
Introduction to the computer programming problem set
archive at http://acm.uva.es/problemset/, and to using
Ruby to solve some of these problems.

Ruby/TK Trends (Hideotoshi Nagai)
=================================
Introduction to Ruby/TK from the maintainer himself.  This
article summarizes the differences between the version of
Ruby/TK bundled with latest version of Ruby (1.8.2) and
previous versions.

Nora Tutorial No. 3 (MoonWolf)
==============================
Third in a series of articles introducing Nora, a Web
application library that makes it easier to write CGI
programs.  This article describes Nora's application
framework.

Ruby Library Report No. 2: Working with Java Resources
(Takaaki Tateishi)
The Ruby Library Report introduces various tools and
libraries for developers.  This report introduces rjb,
rjni, and ruby-jdwp, tools for dealing with Java resources.

Customizing Your Blog with lily No. 1 (Kan Fushihara)
Series introducing lily, an easy-to-use blog tool written
in Ruby.  For this first article, the developer of lily
explains how to write simple filters.

Using Win32OLE No. 1 (cuzic)
============================
First article in a series explaining how to use Win32OLE,
a convenient extension library.  This article describes
what Win32OLE is.

Report on Kansai Open Source 2004 (Japanese Ruby
Association Volunteers)
Members of the Japanese Ruby Association attended Kansai
Open Source 2004; there, they manned an exhibition booth
and gave a seminar presentation.  This report details
their activities.

Ruby Sports (Char Asunadonai)
==============================
Humorous "essay" describing a group of five heroes known
as the "Special Programming/Debugging Rangers (SPD)" who
battle bugs and ensure the peace and safety of the
programming gods.

Ruby News
=========
A gathering of Ruby-related news stories.

Ruby Event Check
================
Upcoming events that are related to Ruby or that might be
of interest to Rubyists.

--------------------------

The next issue is scheduled for mid-December.

We'd like to hear from you!  We always welcome the
following types of articles:

* Technical articles about Ruby
* Ruby usage examples
* Essays related to Ruby (even if only loosely!)
* Other types of articles dealing with Ruby

...in Japanese, if possible. :)

Any questions or comments you may have should be sent to
the Rubyist Magazine editorial desk at
magazine / jp.rubyist.net.