On Wednesday, November 17, 2004, 3:33:21 AM, gabriele wrote:

> Tim Sutherland ha scritto:
>> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyNews/2004-11-8
>>
>> (Ed Note: Chad Fowler has given me an account on RubyGarden so I can maintain
>> the old weekly news site at
>> http://rubygarden.org/rurl/html/index.html.
>> I haven't got around to doing anything yet. I welcome suggestions on what to
>> do with this. Do people like these being on a Wiki or not?)

I prefer a read-only page to a wiki for this kind of thing.  The
presentation and interface can be tuned, it becomes a specific Ruby
reosurce, which it deserves, and it preserves the original content for
posterity.

> I guess that having something like a wiki page for people to contribute
> may be enough. Maybe just a thing like "RWN this week is in preparation
> at rubygarden.org/ruby?ThisWeek, add there if you want to contribute" on
> the RWN main page. this way you could still get help easily when needed :)

The gains made from accepting help in the task of preparing RWN would
be outweighed by the losses incorporated in coordingating those
contributions, IMO.  In other words, preparing RWN is a lot of work,
and there's not much anyone can do about that.

> Oh, and thanks for this summary.

Indeed; it's a blessing.

Cheers,
Gavin