Submitted for your approval:

NQXML is a pure-Ruby XML parser that I'm writing from scratch. The "NQ"
stands for "Not Quite" because, among other things, it does not yet support
UTF-8 or UTF-16, ENTITY or DOCTYPE tags and the DOM parser isn't done yet.
The tokenizer and SAX parser are working.

I plan to continue work on NQXML, but don't plan to ever make it fully
conform to the XML spec. It's simple and will parse many simple XML files.
It correctly parses the XML version of the Pickaxe Book, for example
(ignoring ENTITY and DOCTYPE tags).

See http://www.io.com/~jimm/downloads/nqxml/index.html for more information
and a link to download NQXML. I have added NQXML to the RAA.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"The 'inverse Dilbert correlation factor'--the more Dilbert cartoons pasted