On Monday, November 15, 2004, 8:17:24 AM, tony wrote:

> the ones i liked:

> amphetadesk (perl/any browser, cross-platform)
> abilon
> newzspider
> nttp//rss (java/ any newsreader, cross-platform)
> newzie
> sage (firefox plugin, cross-platform)
> thunderbird (built in rss support, cross-platform)

Thanks for the roundup.

> ones i didn't like:

> feedreader
> blogmatrix (python based, cross-platform
> bottomfeeder (java based)

BottomFeeder is Smalltalk-based, actually.

> any .net based ones

BloatWarePlus.  But RSS Bandit is popular, Curt rated it, and it has a
cool name.

> i use the sage plugin for firefox, as i invevitably want to click on a
> a link anyway...

I use that too, but it could do with some work...

And besides, it's not very featureful.  I keep wanting to get into a
decent RSS reader, but the "couldn't be bothered" factor is very high.

Gavin