On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Avi Bryant wrote:

> As in, letting an aspect control whether or not the original method even
> gets called?  That's one of the reasons I wrote advice.c, which would

Yes, thats right. And returning something other than what the original
method returns.

> allow that... I haven't had time to even start reworking AspectR around
> that, but will probably try at some point... or did you have something
> else in mind?

No that's what I had in mind.

Can you summarize what is the essential feature the c code in advice.c
adds to Ruby that you cannot do in Ruby directly. I sure like advice.c but
would like to do it without resorting to C, if possible. (I guess this is
a dumb question since you wrote it in C and thus probably don't know how
to do it cleanly in Ruby; if so please discard ;-))

/Robert