personally i don't like assume. when i have just finished executing a hairy
piece of code i would like to assert some predicate about the expected state
of the world.

assume works better in a specialized context: as a precursor to some block
(like a precondition): this assumption is needed for this block to do the
expected thing.

expect .... is an alternative but i prefer assert.

news:2vnb6rF2m9lq7U1 / uni-berlin.de...