In article <a2347a04041112044531ad44b1 / mail.gmail.com>,
Chad Fowler  <chadfowler / gmail.com> wrote:
>For those not subscribed to RubyGarden's rss feed[1], ...
>
>[1] http://rubygarden.org/index.cgi/index.rss

I've been meaning to get 'into' this RSS thing for a while now, but
haven't thought too seriously about it until the last couple of weeks.

So for those of us who are only just now figuring out that there's a
party going on out there (which has apparently been going on for quite a
while now - so I guess I'm fashionably late :), how does one get in?
What is the secret handshake?  I know that one needs a thingy called an
aggregator.  This sounds a bit like a combination of a news reader and an
email client.  What are the recommended aggregators (esp. for Linux and OS X)?
Why is it that web pages will have an RSS link which only brings up a bunch
of XML in your browser when clicked?  Do some browsers double as aggregators
and thus allow you to subscribe by clicking on the 'RSS' link?  Do these
'aggregations' get emailed to you or do you start up a tool that goes and
looks for them?  What if you're wanting to get these RSS feeds on multiple
machines in different locations?

....I feel so out of it.

Phil