On Nov 12, 2004, at 10:14 AM, Sam Roberts wrote:
> Also, what is "image"? I don't know what to put there, so I just put
> some strings, and my RSS reader ignores them.

If you're producing RSS 0.9, I'd suggest looking here:
http://www.purplepages.ie/RSS/netscape/rss0.90.html

Looks like "image" is a non-mandatory tag. Personally I haven't seen
many aggregators that use them -- also the Netscape spec requires that
the image has to be 88 x 31 pixels, which seems mind-bogglingly
arbitrary to me -- so I'd leave them out, I suppose.

The RSS space is a bloody awful mess. I'll be glad when everybody moves
to Atom. (My own site included, but hey, I'm lazy.)

F.