Dave Thomas wrote:

# matz / zetabits.com (Yukihiro Matsumoto) writes:
#
# > Someone proposed me in ruby-list (Japanese list) that "instance_eval"
# > should be able to pass values to the evaluationg block.  Although I
# > agree with that functionality is good, I feel that behavior contradict
# > to the name and role of "instance_eval".  If some suggest me a good
# > method name for it, I might add it to the core.
#
# Can I go for the method name with the most underscores?
#
#     obj#adopt_block_and_call
#
# Although I'm not thrilled with the 'block_and_call' part, I quite
# like 'adopt' as a word for describing the behavior of instance_eval.

I'm inclined to agree. However, given that instance_eval already
exists (and will continue to IIUC), how about something more like
'block_eval_and_call' for PMC (principle of mnemonic consistency) and
POLS (principle of least shock, err, surprise).

Conrad Schneiker