Kevin Smith wrote:

# Ron Jeffries wrote:
# >Dave Thomas mentioned Gtk to me briefly yesterday (please note
# >name-dropping). Why did you port to it? What makes it better than Tk?
# >Is it similar to Tk in operation? Do the Perl/Tk docs still apply?
#
# In case you don't realize it, out here in the non-
# Smalltalk world, gui toolkit issues tend to be as
# religious as issues around editors and operating
# systems.

Hmm. I just realized that I never asked what Smalltalk (and Squeak) do in
terms of cross-platform GUI support.

Currently:

  Ruby -> Tcl -> Tk  # OK
  Perl -> Tk         # Much better (i.e. skipping Tcl, not Perl :-)

Would these things be feasible or reasonable?

  Ruby -> Squeak -> Squeak GUI?
  Ruby -> Squeak GUI?

Conrad Schneiker