Hello Eric,

EH> On Nov 10, 2004, at 5:36 PM, Lothar Scholz wrote:

>> Hello Ryan,
>>
>> RD> ParseTree version 1.0.0 has been released!
>>
>> RD>    http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ParseTree/

>> Thanks for the release.
>>
>> Can you tell me why the following nodes don't have a corresponding
>> element in the result tree ? Are they not used anymore in the ruby
>> interpreter ?
>>
>>     case NODE_BLOCK_ARG:
>>     case NODE_SELF:
>>     case NODE_NIL:
>>     case NODE_TRUE:
>>     case NODE_FALSE:
>>     case NODE_ZSUPER:
>>     case NODE_BMETHOD:
>>     case NODE_REDO:
>>     case NODE_RETRY:
>>     case NODE_COLON3:
>>     case NODE_NTH_REF:
>>     case NODE_BACK_REF:
>>     case NODE_ZARRAY:
>>     case NODE_XSTR:
>>     case NODE_UNDEF:
>>     case NODE_ALIAS:
>>     case NODE_VALIAS:

EH> The comment just above explains most of it:

EH> // these are things we know we do not need to translate to C.

EH> The goals we originally had for ParseTree didn't need any of those
EH> nodes (even though true, nil, and false work ok) for what we were
EH> doing.  We quickly realized how useful ParseTree could be beyond what
EH> we were using it for, so launched it as a separate project.

EH> If you run some code through show with the equivalents of those nodes,
EH> they simply end up as empty nodes.  If you need those nodes, you could
EH> simply fill in the proper C code to extract them, then send us a patch.

Okay thanks this was not clear from the comment.

But shouldn't they available now you have outsourced the code to this
project. When i read "parsetree" together with a  1.0 version i would
expect that it gives me a complete reverseable tree representation.

And another question, shouldn't  "super" (which is among the omitted
nodes) count as 1 in the abc metrics ?