Hello Brian

Brian Schröäer <ruby / brian-schroeder.de> writes:

> I know that freeride has a graphical ruby debugger. I really like
> debuggers with a gui (coming from delphi)

At one time I worked on getting Ruby support into DDD, but it was too
complex a task for me. If you like C++ and have some time, it would be
a worthwhile addition.

> but I also really love editing my code with xemacs. Is there
> something like a stand alone graphical debugger, or some devious
> mode to make my xemacs a ruby debugging gui?

The 'misc' directory under the Ruby source tree contains
rubydb3x.el. Load that and run M-x rubydb. When it asks you how to run
the Ruby debugger, answer 'ruby -rdebug FILENAME'. That should be all
you need to get single-stepping, breakpoints, etc. under Emacs.

(Note -- I haven't done this under Xemacs, only GNU Emacs. So YMMV.)

Dan
--
Dan Debertin                             Unix Systems Admin/Programmer
Diehl Hall #203B			 University of Minnesota