Hello Tobias and Lothar,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I just tried to use eclipse, but it is too much things for me, I don't need an editor, and I can manage my files quite well, I only wanted to visually step through ruby source code, inspect variables and set breakpoints. Maybe something more like ddd, allowing me to use specific tools for specific purposes. (Even so I have to admit that xemacs does not quite count as a specific tool ;)

To Arachno Ruby applies the same, and I do not plan on buying a full featured IDE if I only need a debugger. (Even though it looks nice).

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian Schröäer