On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 07:56:22AM +0900, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 10, 2004, 3:08:09 AM, Doug wrote:

<snip>

> > Yes! I really should send email at this time... ;-)
                  shouldn't

> > Would it be worth making this configurable in syntax file? I expect
> > Ara's specified usage to be the most common for those not wanting
> > maximum folding.
>
> What does making it configurable mean?

We could limit what is folded based on a variable setting, as we already
do for other syntax features. See :help ruby-syntax

> People can already set their own folding rules in
> $HOME/.vim/ftplugin/ruby.vim.

I'm not sure what you mean by folding rules. I haven't given it much
thought, but I can't think of a good way to configure the syntax based
folding from there using any of the set options.

> The syntax rules should merely be correct.

Sure, but it seems like a shame people aren't using foldmethod=syntax
simply because the folding is too extensive.

Regards,
Doug