> The reason for including FreeRIDE is because it helps
> newcomers (especially those that are IDE centric). Its both
> comforting and useful to have that source-code navigation
> pane that lets you see and navigate a file by
> module/class/method. And many people prefer to have an
> integrated GUI debugger. Of course, there are others who
> appreciate these features as well (for those that prefer just
> an editor, there is SciTE).

As one of the "newcomers" you speak of, I have to
agree with you.  I'm learning Ruby on Windows.  Since
Windows is generally inferior to Unix for code develop-
ment, I really appreciate having both SciTE and FreeRIDE.
I've been using SciTE exclusively once I started finding
disturbing limitations in FreeRIDE.

Thanks for making the one-click Windows installer, and
thanks for including SciTE with it.  It's made my own
adoption of Ruby that much easier.

Todd.