On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:12:58 +0900, James Britt
<jamesunderbarb / neurogami.com> wrote:
> Pe?a, Botp wrote:
> > James Britt [mailto:jamesUNDERBARb / neurogami.com] wrote:
> > //Catapult 0.1.0 has been released
> > //
> > //Catapult is a simple WEBrick instance that dynamically loads and
> > //executes objects defined by URL paths.
> > this can be very handy. do you have rpa for this?
> No.  There is no packaging other than the tarball.
>
> I've considered doing a gem, though I'm not sure if that is even worth it.
>
> The code is a script that kicks off WEBrick; it think that makes it more
> an application than a library.  I call this script using a wrapper
> script so that I can set environment variables, so in that context,
> Catapult could be located as a Ruby lib.  But, as a practical matter,
> the launch.rb app would likely to live someplace outside of the Ruby lib
> directories.
>
> If there are any suggestions on a good way to do this (as a gem or an
> rpa package, or both), please let me know.  I've made gems, but no rpa
> packages, so this would be of interest to me.

Well ... I wrote an 18k management script for Ruwiki. It's probably
overkill, but some of the code could be made into a catapult launcher
deployment script.

Also, if Catapult itself is smart enough to run from the directory in
which it is started, then you probably don't even need that.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca