Hi,

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:03:33 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213 / hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a problem with either of these two on Windows XP (Ruby 1.8.2 rc2)

I'm not sure which Ruby build you have.  Mine is:

C:\WINDOWS>ruby -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32]

> find_executable fails in an application but works in IRB.

I couldn't find this method.  Where is it defined?

> popen() does not seem to do the right thing.

From irb I used popen to follow the example from PickAxe2 and it
seemed to work although I didn't get any input until the process had
exited which wasn't what I expected (although it may be correct).

When you say is doesn't seem to do the right thing, what were you expecting?

Regards,

Matt