Being totally ignorant of that sort of thing, I didn't really see the space
until it was pointed out to me. I removed that and had a working script! I
was so excited about it. The remaining problem now seems to be that once I
run it and it works, it puts the resulting HTML file in a place that I can't
always find too easily. I guess I kinda need to dig a bit more.

The source is on rubyforge.org, incidentally, and can be found here:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/colorparser/

There are further developments I'd like to see such as improved output and
perhaps a better way to get it to run and maybe someday a GUI.

Thanks everyone.....

Mary