On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 23:43:43 +0900, <Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov> wrote:

> my thoughts too.  i hate adding yet another markup to html.  i haven't
> used
> css too extensively, but i wonder if that's where the amriata paradigm
> would
> fall down.  using class and id (and possibly deleteing them) could
> confuse
> things - but my limited usage suggested it was o.k..  i seem to recall
> there
> was a setting that left the class/id attributes untouched.  anyone else
> with
> amrita/css experience?

I am make use of CSS and do not have any problems, of course I have
not tried to push the boundaries of CSS yet.  There are a number
of settings in Amrita::Template that let you control how id is
handled.

If you do not like using id as the expansion point for amrita you can
define your own custom attribute with "amrita_id".  My only problem with
this is that I do not know if Web tools will like/allow you to put in
new attributes.

Or you can use "escaped_id" to define a new attribute that will become
the id attribute expansion.

Or you can use "keep_id" to keep the expanded id for use afterwards.

If you run rdoc on amrita and look at Amrita::Template you will find
these attributes with some documentation about them.

Cheers,
Zev