On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Dave Thomas wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2004, at 18:33, Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov wrote:
>
>>   how do i tell rdoc to 'treat files with NO extension as ruby files'?
>
> No way that I know of, but if you have a shebang line, it'll notice
> that and use Ruby for the files if the shebang contains 'ruby'

that doesn't seem to happening for my script - it's very strange and i'm at a
loss as to why, but it defintely does not notice the shebang line.  here's the
tar ball of all sources i'm doc'ing:

   http://www.codeforpeople.com/rq-1.0.0.tgz

and the command i'm using:

   rdoc -a -d -F -S -m README -I jpg -N DEPENDS HISTORY README TODO VERSION bin/* lib/rq.rb lib/*/*

the output i'm looking at, for bin/rq, has not recognized 'rq' as a ruby file
even though it starts with

   jib:~/eg/ruby/rq/rq-1.0.0 > head -1 bin/rq
   #!/dmsp/reference/bin/ruby

so i'm not sure what's going on.

in any case this isn't too important - just thought you might want to check it
out.

cheers.

-a