I've been working on a unit testing framework for Ruby for a while now, and
I'm nearing a 'stable' release. Because I'm setting things up for the actual
release (on Sourceforge), I figured somebody might run across it, so I
thought I'd give the list a heads-up. The name of the framework is Lapidary,
and I expect to do an actual release in the next few weeks.

There's already runit, so why have I created another Ruby testing framework?
Well, when I first found Ruby, one of the things I liked about it was the
similarity of its design to that of Smalltalk, and runit didn't seem to
share that feel (which makes sense, since it was based on junit). So, I've
returned not just to sunit, but to Kent Beck's original sunit docs, and
tried to capture the essence of the original design while producing
something that is Ruby and not Smalltalk. Perhaps I've succeeded; you all
can be the judge of that :-)

There are a few things that need to be cleaned up, a fair amount of
documentation that needs to be written, and right now I'm struggling to get
up to speed on cvs. Once I get to stable release, I'll make a full
announcement, but until then, you're welcome to look at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lapidary/ (http://lapidary.sourceforge.net/
isn't up yet). Enter at your own risk; I make no guarantees as to what state
things will be in :-)

Nathaniel Talbott

<:((><
| RoleModel Software, Inc. &		| EQUIP VI