Patrick May <patrick / hexane.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Monday, November 8, 2004, at 05:30  AM, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>
>> As you now know from my follow-up to my own post, I solved the problem
>> by explicitly setting Content-Type to
>> application/x-www-form-urlencoded.
>>
>> [ ... ]
>
> Makes sense.  Glad you figured it out, thanks for posting the fix.  I
> was curious :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> patrick

My sincere thanks for your interest and support.

To the entire group: I'm still wondering why Net::HTTP#post does not
automatically set Content-Type to application/x-www-form-urlencoded.

There definitely is a precedent for it doing so, as a number of
utilities that do HTTP post's set the Content-Type in this manner as the
default behavior, often with an option to turn that behavior off in the
less likely case where this setting is not desired.

But if it's deemed desirable not to set this value by default, at the
very least I would think that the post example shown in the Net::HTTP
documentation should show this Content-Type value being set.

Thoughts?

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz / asfast.com