>    #}}}
>   end

for that case yes... but when i have

   class

   #{{{

     FOO = 42

   #}}}

   end

it's tough because this IS not comment for FOO

not really (yes- i'm getting bizarre output

i THINK this will work

   class Fo0
   #--{{{

   # Method comment for bar
     def bar
     end

   #--}}}
   end

vim seems to understand it and so does rdoc - i need to convert a bunch of
files en masse first to check... should only take about three days before i
figure out ruby's command line edit in place switches (joking)

i'll get back to you...

> If no, I guess I could add code to ignore them--do many folks use this
> feature of vim?

i don't think many use them - but you'll never go back once you've started!
it makes reading 3000 lines of code a breeze.  i think a generic 'ignore' this
comment line no matter what might be nicer than a vim specific feature.
infact i was going to filter my sources to remove the fold markers before i
(think) i found a fix... what do you think about have a pattern/token that
means 'this line, comment or source, is simply disgarded'.  the default
pattern could be

  /^\s*##/    (double comment symobl)

or mabye

  /^\s*#_/    ('private' comment)

or something in that akin... whatever it would be should also be configurable
via option or api...

cheers.

-a