Dave Thomas said:

> On Nov 8, 2004, at 8:11, Michael Neumann wrote:
>
>> Hm, and how about methods inherited from a superclass? Shouldn't they
>> be
>> shown there either? Or at least in a section called "methods inherited
>> by superclass".
>
> All the way up to Object?

Eiffel documentation systems typically gave the users a choice: they could
view methods only immediately defined in the class, or with a click of a
button, they could have a flattened view of the method list.  The flat
view was great for clients of a class that don't particularly care where
it lies in the class tree, they just want to know what methods can be
called on the object.

However, I think the flat view didn't include methods at the Object level
(I'd have to check to make certain).

This works best as interactive program.  Statically generating the HTML
for both views may be overkill.  Hmmm ... perhaps something like the
inline source hack ... a show/hide button could enable disable the
ancestor methods.

Just an idea.

--
-- Jim Weirich     jim / weirichhouse.org    http://onestepback.org