James Britt wrote:
> Jamis Buck wrote:

>> Anyway, that was a longer explanation than I had intended to write.
>> There are other differences (I'm thinking of more even as I write this
>> conclusion, like Needle's lack of eager loading and shutdown
>> notification), but the above should give you an idea of how the two
>> differ. Hope it helps.
>

> Are both under active development?

Please, I'm only one man, James! :)

I'm actively developing Needle right now (more actively than I'd
intended...I'd hoped to release 1.0 and then focus on other things, but
some worthwhile enhancements were suggested to me, and I thought of a
few things I'd like to add...so 1.1 is coming out later this week).

For now, Copland development (though not support) is dormant. I'm still
debating whether Copland has value or not--if anyone is has tried both
Copland and Needle and has a preference for Copland, I'd love to hear
from you regarding your reasons. Otherwise, the odds of future
development being done on Copland (by me) are rather slim.

I've toyed with the idea of reimplementing Copland (again), building it
on top of Needle. I still see some value in external configuration (as
opposed to doing in in Ruby), and I also like Copland's emphasis on
fail-fast. That said...another reimplementation doesn't really appeal to
me at this point, so it would probably some time down the road before I
find the motivation to work on that.

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck