Subject: Re: [ANN] Ruby 1.8.2 Preview 3 is available
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 01:21:15 +0900
> Can you tell me how stable tile is ?

Do you talk about the 'Tile' extension?
If so, it may be alpha quality.
Although I implemented (possibly all) widgets and functions of
Tile extension, I have no time for enough test of them.
It is too hard for only one person to check and fix such many
libraries for Tk extensions. ;-)
I need bug reports of the libraries.

> And is there any tutorial about using TclTK with ruby.

I'm sorry but I don't have links to tutorials.

How about 'WidgetDemo' included in Ruby sources?
When the demo is running, you can see the codes of the script,
edit the code on the text widget, and try the edited code.

> The source code has too many nasty tricks to be a good introduction.

Sorry, again.
However, libraries must seal in complex parts because of convenience
for users. Some of such complex parts appear frequently in a little
different form. Some tricks can decrease amount of code writing and
help to release new libraries in a short time.